mardi 28 novembre 2017

French slang


Yes. Another. The other one is quite outdated and not very extensive. Amusez-vous bien. I’m from Paris so some of these are probably exclusive to the region.

  • Tu (me) fais chier (literally: you make me shit) / tu m’emmerdes / tu me casses les couilles (you’re breaking my balls)you’re pissing me off
  • Ça me saoûle / fait chier (vulgar) / gonfle: I’m sick of this
  • J’en ai ras le cul: I’m sick of this (vulgar)
  • J’en ai ras le bol: I’m sick of this 
  • J’en ai marre: I’m sick of this
  • Fringues: clothes
  • Grailler: to buy / borrow / steal / take
  • Crever: to die
  • Va crever: go die
  • Je suis crevé: I’m very tired / sick
  • Crevant: exhausting
  • J’ai la dalle: I’m hungry
  • Je crève la dalle: I’m haven’t eaten anything in two years
  • On se caille: it’s freezing
  • On crève de froid: we’re dying of cold
  • Crevard: despicable person
  • Glander: to procrastinate / to do nothing / to lay around
  • Avoir la flemme: not wanting to do anything
  • Rien branler (~to jerk off nothing): to do nothing
  • Défoncé: stoned
  • Gerber: to throw up
  • C’est à gerber: it’s so ugly / horrible I’m going to throw up
  • C’est de la merde: it’s shit
  • Bouffer: to eat
  • Bagnole/ caisse: car
  • Baraque: house 
  • Bled: 1/ godforsaken place, 2/ where you’re born
  • Clebs / clébard: dog 
  • Oseille / blé / fric: money
  • Chais pas (je sais pas): I don’t know
  • Va te faire foutre: go fuck yourself
  • Se foutre de quelqu’un: to make fun of someone
  • (Je) m’en fous: I don’t care
  • J’en ai rien à battre: I don’t care
  • Je m’en bas les couilles (I’m slapping my balls): I don’t care
  • Je m’emmerde / je me fais chier: I’m bored
  • C’est chiant: it’s boring
  • Demmerde toi: Deal with this without me / manage to do something
  • Je galère: I’m struggling
  • Quelle galère (galley) / merde: What a pain  
  • Genre: 1/ like, 2/ as if, 3/ seriously ? or no way !
  • Bahut: high school
  • Fais pas genre: stop lying / pretending
  • Fais genre: pretend 
  • Chelou: weird / shady / suspicious
  • balais: years (ex: il a 50 balais = he’s 50)
  • briques: € (ex: I bought this shit for 20 briques) though it can also means 10 € (ex: i bought this shit for 20 briques = 200 €)
  • C’est pas possible: it’s not possible. To use anytime, anywhere. Can’t find keys ? C’est pas possible. Traffic ? C’est pas possible. School ? C’est pas possible.
  • Qu’est ce que tu fous: what the fuck are you doing 
  • Mais il est pas possible ce gosse: that person is annoying / unsufferable / immature / stupid
  • Mioche: baby or young child
  • Gamin(e) / gosse: kid / brat
  • Brailler: to scream annoyingly, usually said of a baby crying
  • Gueuler: to scream
  • Ferme la / ferme ta gueule / ta gueule: shut up 
  • Se casser la gueule: to fall
  • Hein ?: 1/ what ? 2/ at the end of a sentence: right ?
  • Euh: “- did you do your homework ? - eeeeeeuh” or “-where is boulevard Voltaire ? -eeeeeeuh this way”
  • Ouf: 1/ phew, 2/ crazy (it’s the verlan for “fou”)(not very used anymore)
  • Sauvé (saved)phew, we’re saved
  • Pareil: same (ex: -I’m tired -pareil)
  • Idem: ditto
  • C’est quoi ce bordel (what’s this brothel) / qu’est ce que c’est que ce bordel: What the fuck is this 
  • C’est une blague ?: is this a joke ?
  • Tu te fous de moi ?: are you kidding me ?
  • Rôh là: noise of annoyance, can also just be a breathy guttural noise (hrrhhfhhrfhr)
  • Taré: insane
  • Perso (euh): personally
  • Tiens1/ ‘here’ or ‘hold this’, 2/ reminds me (ex: tiens, remember when you were in a band ?) 
  • C’est cadeau: it’s free
  • Dégueulasse / dégueu: disgusting
  • Se faire baiser (to get fucked): to have a really bad time (ex: I rushed the presentation and I got roasted by the teacher who’s going to call my parents, je vais me faire baiser)
  • C’est bon là: that’s enough 
  • Non mais oh: to express shock or disgust
  • Tu te crois où ?: where do you think you are ?
  • J’avoue: you’re right
  • Connard / connasse: cunt, not very vulgar tho
  • Chien: passive, disloyal and kiss people’s ass
  • Chienne / pute: whore
  • Pétasse: cunt
  • Putain: a classic
  • Bordel: another classic
  • Con / conne: magic insult that can’t be translanted in English because it’s too powerful. The foolest of the fools, complete idiot damned by God.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire